Monday, August 25, 2008

What we do for fun around here...

My friend - let's call her Katya- has picked up the pox while travelling in Finland. Chicken pox, to be exact. So far it looks more poxy than shingly, so let's all keep our fingers crossed. The pox is quite a serious thing when you're not eight.

Yesterday I got a message on my answering machine from Katya's roommate, Tsunami. Apparently Katya was going stir crazy and needed some entertainment; to that end, I was cordially invited to be the phone participant for a game of Trivial Pursuit. I phoned Tsunami and confirmed with her that I would be phoning at 7:00 PM. Thus, plans were made and Katya's surprise was set in motion.

The game was a blast and I actually got some unpacking done while playing. My favourite answer of the evening was when Tsunami (who kicked our butts) had no idea who the US president during some past event was and answered with her previous winning answer: "Wimpy?"

For the record, ladies, here is one of the evening's recurring themes: U Thant.

I had a surprising amount of fun for a girl who lives alone in the wilderness with her cat. We should do it again some time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ulyssyes Grant?

yagowe said...

Remember that guy's old show, U Thant Do That On Television? Good times...