Friday, August 22, 2008

They saw me coming

This morning, as I was washing the dishes from my french toast, I happened to spy out my kitchen window a truck coming up my driveway. This is rather unusual, as I don't actually know anybody who would come and visit me.

Enter the Innkeeper. She is in her early 50's and, as her name would indicate, runs the local inn around these parts (there is also a motel and restaurant, but that is a different business). I was busy wondering what she might be doing in my driveway when she pulled a small, orange cat out of a rubbermaid bin on the passenger's seat.

Ah.

As it turns out, the Innkeeper's brother is having a few personal problems and when she went to get a few things from his trailer for him, she found two small cats chowing down on a loaf of bread. She told me she would have given me the cat's sister, but she was very obviously pregnant and it wasn't fair to try to foist her off on me.

I thanked the Innkeeper.

This is how I ended up with Seamus. Yes, I've named him which would pretty much signify that I've fallen in love with him. Needless to say I'm planning to keep him.

Seamus is about 6-7 months old and very much an orange tabby. I don't know how I feel about this as my life has always been catted (feline version of peopled=catted) by big black cats. I really don't know how to deal with redheads. Ironic, no?

So I'm sending to Williams lake to get a litter box, litter, and some food and hoping that the living situation will work out. In the meantime, I've got a kitten to cuddle at night, so I won't feel as alone.

It's easier to be brave when there's a cat in the room. They should do a study.

3 comments:

Caro said...

YAY!

Companionship is always appreciated, especially the cuddlers!

They're just not awesome friends when they go tearing through the house at 3am because something's making a strange sound.

As much as I love my kitty, I loathe the squirrel that lives to terrorize him!

Natasha said...

You know you live in a SMALL town when you can't buy a litter box locally :-)

Eva said...

Aww, kitten express, free delivery.