Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Coffee Talk

First thing this morning I had a tense conversation with the Captain, but the less said about that, the better.

I was up late last night, so I slept in. Then I had my lovely phone call. Then I lounged around a bit. When I finally got my act together, I fully intended to go into the school and do some planning, but I ended up driving right past it to the General Store, ostensibly to check my mail with the Postmistress.

Nothing for me today.

So the Postmistress' husband, Coveralls, offered me a cup of coffee. I don't usually drink coffee, but I sensed this is something that you just don't turn down when you're new to the area, so I sat down and shot the breeze with them for an hour or so. It was actually quite nice, sipping on a seriously sugared coffee and petting P.K. Tech Girl's dog and cat (in some order).

I suspect that this sort of interaction will make up the bulk of my social interaction in the next year. Stay tuned for your next round of gossip.