Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Ridgewalker

Today was the first day Seamus was let out of the house. He enjoyed the chance to hop around outside and make abortive attempts at climbing trees, but he was also a lot more timid than usual. I let him sniff out some territory and was pleased to note that there is no spraying as of yet.

Today is also the first time I climbed the ridge behind my house. It was a pretty steep and rocky climb (not a lot of good footing), but the view was worth it. I have lived most of my life in the mountains, so it felt a lot like coming home. I had a fantastic view of the Potato mountain range, and could even see as far as the lake to the east (name forthcoming).

I think I may just achieve my childhood dream and be a hermit for the rest of my life (except for that whole social profession thing).

3 comments:

Jocund_day said...

The blog..it just stops! What happens next!!?
The suspense!!! arrggh

Anonymous said...

I second that, you most definitely need to continue writing this, I check it quite frequently.

Eva said...

Thirded! More stories!